![]() |
It is no secret that Eva is the joy of our lives. She brings us so much happiness and joy. She always makes us laugh and smile and love her even more. Her big personality has blossomed and shows through more and more everyday. It is so fun to watch her grow up.
Perhaps one of the biggest joys for a mother is to know that your child is learning what you teach them, especially when you don't think they are listening or are old enough to understand. Then they do something to melt your heart, to humble yourself, and to be in awe of what wonderful spirits the Lord has entrusted us to raise and teach.
Eva did just that two days ago. I was putting her to bed, but she did not want to go to bed yet. A little frustrated and sad, I picked her up and started rocking her and singing to her. She had her head down on my shoulder, not really wanting to settle down. Then she picked her head up, pointed behind me and said something. I wasn't sure what she was saying. It was a word I hadn't heard from her before. The second time she said it, I knew exactly what she was saying. She pointed to a picture of the woman at the well hanging on her wall and said, "Jesus." Then she pointed to a beautiful needlepoint created by a dear friend when she was born of a baby's feet, and said "Feet." I was astounded! We have shown her pictures before of Jesus, especially during church. She has been going to Nursery for almost a month now. But the last time I showed her that painting of the woman at the well was when she was only a few months old. I asked Kyle, and he hadn't taught her that. Nor had Vicki, Kyle's mom, who often babysits for us. What a wonderful surprise this was! I had no idea that she was even aware of the Savior. I was in awe of this beautiful little spirit sitting in my arms. Even now, I can't describe well how I felt. Most of all, I was grateful that our little girl knew who Jesus is and knew He is her friend.
Just yesterday, she did a similar thing. We were playing the piano together, and I brought out the Primary songbook. She started flipping through the pages, and she came to a song that had a picture of the Savior, stopped, and pointed as she said, "Jesus." Again, my heart softened and I was humbled by this little girl. We have a big painting of the Savior by Greg Olsen hanging above the piano as well, and she knew who it was again. I couldn't believe it. I felt such joy and gratitude once again.
I am in awe of Eva and the strong spirit that she is. What a blessing she is to have in our home. I keep praying that we will be able to do our best to be good parents to her so that she can thrive in a place where her spirit can grow strong and close to the Lord. We just love her.





2 comments:
It is those tender moments that make all the hard times beyond worth it! I just love her Carla and want so badly to meet her and see you again!
I second Kelsey I so want to meet her too... reunion soon girls? I loved this post though... Love love love the amazing moments with our children -xox-
Post a Comment