1. At 25 years old, I have been blessed with amazing family and friends. All the phone calls and texts and family poems and cards full of birthday wishes reminded me of the wonderful people that are in my life. Seeing myself surrounded by amazing people like you makes me think, 25 years ain't so bad. With a support system like this, I can do anything...even turn 25. So bring on another 25!
2. At 25 years old, I have a husband who loves me, who gave me breakfast in bed, who remembered my favorite hallmark characters (Hoops and Yoyo...they're a hoot!) and sent me an ecard with them, who suffered through a chick-flick for me, and who checked to see that my knees weren't creaking thus proving I'm not too old. 25 ain't so bad. Bring on another 25 just like this.
3. At 25 years old, I have been able to appreciate the beauties of this world. What a wondrous world we live in! Heavenly Father has blessed us tremendously. And two special people in my life shared wonderful displays of this beauty with me. Thank you for showing me 25 ain't so bad. Bring on another 25 filled with the beautiful creations of this earth.
4. At 25 years old, I have come to appreciate many sports. But beyond that I have appreciated the support of family and friends while playing sports. Yesterday I had the chance to witness this loving support as I attended a baseball game with my aunt Aida and my grandma. Aida's nephew, Casey Fien, on her husband's side plays AA baseball for the Detroit Tigers. He's playing here in Mesa this weekend and his immediate and extended family on the Cooper side, plus Aida (and me and Grandma) traveled from California and Tucson to watch him play and cheer him on. What a wonderful display of love and support and encouragement! See, 25 ain't so bad. Bring on another 25 filled with this kind of support and I'll be just fine.
Aida and Grandma.
Some members of the Cooper family watching the game.
The gathering after the game. Grandma enchanting all.

The gathering after the game. Grandma enchanting all.
Aida enjoying the family, and Casey and his mom chatting.
So thank you to everyone for making the last 25 years special and for helping me look forward to the next 25+ years. I can harldy wait to see what are the next things I'll learn. I love you all! Love you Kyle! And the biggest thanks goes to my Heavenly Father for all these wonderful blessings!




3 comments:
you are too cute... even at 25 :) hope you got my text and that you continue having a wonderful week! you gotta milk this birthday stuff as looong as you can- so happy birthday again and again and again...
Carla, have you been to Last Chance yet? I was there two weeks ago and it really is awesome. I am sure you know it is where all of Nordstrom returns and deals go. It is quite an adventure - shirts for $2, designer jeans for $20, and really fun prom dresses for $10, not to mention shoes, bags, and coats....
Okay carlita, I love you and also feel too young for my skin! Since when were we, little college girls, supposed to be 25? Happy Birthday!
Call me cuz I need to chat with my Carla! I may be coming out the first week or so of July and want to see if you will be around so we can get together. I don't think I will make the trip unless I can see you. So we HAVE to chat soon!
Oh, and a couple of nights ago I was out with some friends downtown Portland and somehow 'Seduction' came up. I had to tell all the details of our game and it made me smile. How much fun did we have living together?!!!! I love you and miss you tons! 503.784.6591
Post a Comment