What did, you might ask. Well, the Carla and Kyle and More started 2 years and 2 days ago. Yep, hard to believe but Kyle and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Monday. Crazy how time flies. But it has definitely brought us a lot of fun. In those 2 years we have...
- moved to the hottest place either of us has ever lived (and we hope to never top this category)
- had our first baby that we absolutely adore
- bought our first house
- bought appliances for our first house
- got a dog
- took our dog to the emergency vet (luckily only once so far)
- crashed 2 computers (blasted viruses!)
- each had 2 jobs
- Kyle passed 2 bar exams
- passed 2 levels of dog training
- painted inside 2 homes (thanks Mom and Dad!)
Plus a lot more! Funny how there is a theme of 2 within our 2 years of marriage. Can't wait to see what more we will experience!
We celebrated by "giving" each other acts of service. Kyle surprised me with a delicious breakfast in bed on Sunday morning. And I served him by organizing his closet and shining his shoes. I really loved our anniversary "gifts" for each other this year because it helped me appreciate Kyle even more. Focusing more on serving each other opened my eyes to how much he does for our family. Plus doing something extra special for him brought back the giddiness and memory of "young" love that often gets lost to the background of daily drudgeries. (okay, so I know a lot of you are saying, "Young love?! It's only been 2 years!" but I think you get the idea of what I mean... the memory of how the relationship started and how your feelings for each other grew to mean so much more.) Alright, this is getting really mushy. So I'll just add one more thought.
Perhaps the best relationship advice I have heard and that has stuck with me is from President Gordon B. Hinckley when he said to have ANXIOUS CONCERN for each other. Think about that. If you have anxious concern for each other, you can't help but love and serve each other. And from there your relationship can bloom into something even more beautiful each day. So while we devoted one day (more like one weekend) to serving each other, I hope that we will look for more ways to deliberately serve each other.
I love you Kyle!




1 comment:
I can't believe it's already been 2 years! Happy Anniversary - sounds like it was a great day.
Post a Comment