Friday, November 5, 2010

Walking!

Yes, you read that right. The little miss is W-A-L-K-I-N-G! For the last month or so, she would walk a few steps from Kyle to me and back again. But then she decided for a week or two that she didn't want to do that anymore. So we reverted back to always walking holding onto someone's hands. Then this past Sunday, Kyle decided to try and walk with her holding on to just one of her hands. She was a little unsure about it at first, but soon got her balance. Then on Monday, I set her down on the floor after a diaper change so she could sit while I washed my hands. Miss Eva decided that she didn't want to sit and stayed standing and then took about 5 steps on her very own! I was very excited and tried to get her to do it again throughout the day, but she decided not to. 

Wednesday, she decided, would be the day she was ready to walk A LOT more! (Just like you said she would, Mom. :) ) I was making dinner and heard laughter and praises from Kyle and his mom upstairs. Then Kyle called me up to see what was happening. And to my great surprise, little Miss Eva was walking as steady as could be much longer distances than she had before! It was such a happy and proud moment for us. What a joy! Kyle and I decided then to try a really long distance (the length of our upstairs hallway) and see if she would walk it. She did with no hesitations or problems.



4 comments:

lisset said...

hooray for eva! now brace yourself for the tornado that will be your house with a toddler :) fun times!!

Carla said...

I know! Not exactly excited for the chasing around and whatnot. But it will be fun. :) P.S. to everyone - sorry about the video not working. I'm trying to figure out why it's not uploading.

Honey said...

I can't wait for the video - smarty pants little girl!

Oh and I'm sure church will be especially fun now... ;)

Aaron and Angela said...

Way to go Eva!