Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kylee's Baby Blessing

Thank you everyone for your well-wishes! And thank you to those who were able to come! We love all of you! Here are some pics from the wonderful day.
















Visiting with Gma and Gpa Hunt, listening to stories from their childhoods and early years of marriage.
So grateful for them and their sacrifices!  
Okay seriously, when did this little girl get so big??


Eva took this picture. Not bad photography. ;)
Little girl so tuckered out after a big day.
This day was truly special. Our bishop counseled Kyle a week prior on giving the blessing. Something he told Kyle was that this was an opportunity to give Kylee a blessing, keyword give. So he said to ask me what I would like our baby blessed with. That was so special and humbling for me. I hadn't realized that I could play such a role in our baby's life. It made the blessing even that more personal and special and wonderful. It strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father is aware of us and our desires of our hearts, that He honors His promises to bless us with our righteous desires as we keep His commandments, and that the priesthood - the power and authority to act in the name of God - has been restored in its fulness on the earth. And I am so grateful for this knowledge! During the rest of the meeting, I was reminded by the Spirit of something my dad shared with me when Eva was blessed. He said that that moment was a fulfillment of the blessing he gave me when I was a baby - to be married in the temple to a worthy man who would honor his priesthood, and that we would be able to bring sweet spirits into this world sealed to us for eternity. 
We are blessed. Our Heavenly Father know us and loves us. And He wants to see us happy. 
Little Kylee, you bring happiness and eternal joy to our family. Thank you for joining us! 
Love you, Kylee!

No comments: