
WHEN WE GOT ENGAGED January 5, 2008 HOW IT HAPPENED Have you ever seen those proposals on the jumbo tron at sporting events? Well, this one didn't happen like that. I never really knew when the actual proposal would happen. However, one bright, warm, winter morning Kyle promised me a surprise trip. I thought he was a little crazy when he told me to get my gloves, hat, and winter coat seeing as how it was 60 degrees outside. Off we went on our journey to the high country without a clue where we were going. Along the way the weather turned cold and snowy, making me thankful for my hat and gloves. Turns out Kyle wasn't crazy after all. Kyle's favorite part was when we saw a sign along the way that said a company was offering sleigh rides a mile off the road. I exclaimed, as only I can, how much I wanted to go on a sleigh ride. A mischievous grin crossed Kyle's face as he exclaimed, as only he could, "Oh. Good to know." As our journey ended, we found ourselves at Devil's Thumb Ranch where Kyle had prepared a romantic sleigh ride for two. The snow was falling perfectly as we embarked on our excursion through the trees and pastures meeting new friends along the way. At the completion of the ride, we were dropped off at an inviting campfire made for us. As we enjoyed sipping some hot chocolate goodness that I can still taste, Kyle took off his gloves and I thought, "Are you crazy? It's cold out here." As he got down on his knee, I announced to the nearby horses, "Are you serious?" With that, Kyle told me I was the girl of his dreams and that he wanted to spend eternity with me and asked me to marry him.




3 comments:
Carla! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and am glad that you set up this blog that managed to answer most of the questions I was going to e-mail you about. Very smart!
And Kyle, we haven't met, but I have to give you props for a well-done proposal. It sounded like it worked out according to your plan and that's always a relief!
Congrats again, you two!
Congrats you two! I am so excited to meet this new man in your life Carla!!! And I am thrilled that Ryan and I will be able to be a part of your special day!! Its so close!!!!!
I love it! How romantic and I agree with Joel, it was great that everything went according to plans ;) Tyler would be jealous!
Post a Comment