At Eva's 12 month appointment, the doctor asked if she was saying any words yet. I wasn't too quick on my feet and told her not really. Since then, however, Eva's vocab has expanded. And she has begun repeating words quickly just this past week. It's a lot of fun to see!
Things she said before:
All done - twisting her hands when something (usually food) is gone (notice this isn't when she is done eating)
More - smacking her lips together
Hi dog - ha dah or a super loud squeal
Hi/bye - she waves (lately she has taken to waving at everyone she sees. She waves especially vigorously when she sees another kid or baby or dog)
Things she says now:
Love you - blows a kiss
Banana - nana or nananana
Apple - ah-uhl
Milk - sign language for milk (think milking a cow)
Please - rubs her chest
Uh oh - uh oh oh or oh oh oh
Popcorn - pushes both hands out by bending her elbows
Outside - only one hand of popcorn
Up - to sit down, pats her hands on the seat and says uh; to be picked up, taps the person, holds arms up while saying uh (or crying if it doesn't happen right away)
She understands a whole lot but doesn't necessarily say the words. Like:
Kisses - leans in for a kiss
Mom and Dad - she still doesn't say these but she definitely knows who we are. Same thing for grandma and grandpa. When she wants our attention, she just yells "aaah" louder until we look at her.
Take a rest - lays her head down
So pretty - she leans her head to her shoulder or touches her hair (there is usually a hair accessory to be taken out)
She can also point to her nose (this closely resembles picking her nose), her ears, and her toes. If I ask where her eyes are she points to mine.
She is in to babbling, too. I am looking forward to knowing what she is saying. :)
Hello world!
2 years ago




2 comments:
Wow! How fun! I can't imagine Ethan talking. I guess it is coming and soon!
I just love it when words and comprehension come into play with our babies! it opens up a whole new world of fun, entertainment, understanding and teaching. Life becomes more fun in my opinion. But oh how I love the baby days too!
I miss you so much chica!
Post a Comment