Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Thoughts ... coming off a high

So everyday I have thoughts upon thoughts race through my mind that snowball into even more thoughts until I am overwhelmed with so many thoughts I don't know where to begin or how to write them all down because I don't know where to start and I don't know where they would end and I'm afraid there just wouldn't be enough time to write them all down... feels kinda like that run-on sentence. :P Sometimes you've just got to try though. All the other random thoughts end up in Kyle's ear, whether he wants them or not. :) Thanks babe for always listening!

Anyway, I have an over-abundance of thoughts from this past weekend having been Eva's baby blessing, and I need to get them out. I suppose just to make room for more. Oh the never-ending cycle. So here are a few... (p.s. pics from this weekend will follow shortly)

- Talk about a high, this weekend was filled with marathon days of cleaning, painting, shopping for food, picture taking, and visiting. Amazing what you can squeeze into a weekend.
- God's plan to organize us into families - and to provide the way for us to be eternal families, not just lifetime families - is so WONDERFUL and AMAZING ... there are no words that can truly describe my deep gratitude for His Plan of Happiness for us.
- I am truly grateful for the priesthood. I know that God's priesthood has been restored here on the earth by His hand. And I am grateful to have a husband and a father who are worthy to hold and act upon that priesthood.
- I am grateful for my parents. They have taught me so much and continue to teach me many things. Two lessons I re-learned this weekend, among many others, were hardwork and having faith in the Lord. Mom and Dad helped Kyle and I paint our living room and dining room and loft. That was no easy feat considering the majority of that painting was of a 20ish-foot wall that was the entire length of the house - aka no good spot to stop the paint without it looking weird. Fortunately, Dad has experience in painting having painted with his dad when he was younger. And even more fortunate was my parents' willingness and desire to help us beautify our home. As for faith, my parents have always been the greatest example to me of having unwavering faith in the Lord. A much-needed example as we embark on the journey of parenthood.
- I am grateful for scales and formula. It has taken me a week to say that truthfully. Especially when the scales read the following numbers: 6-10 / 6-7 / 7-8. Those are the weigh-ins for Eva at 1 month, 2 months, and then 1 week later. Probably the most scared and most sad I have ever felt to see her weight had dropped - caused another episode of overwhelming snowball of thoughts. But after supplementing with formula for a week (given to her after nursing), our baby's tummy is full, she is happy and content again, she will sleep on her own now, and she is back on track to gaining the weight she needs to be healthy. Thank you for encouraging words and stories to let us know that it happens, that it is not my fault, and everything turns out fine. Thank you to the nurses for not laughing at me when I literally threw up my hands in jubilation to see Eva had gained a pound and an ounce. And a special thank you to Kyle for holding me and reassuring me. Love you!
- I am so grateful for family and friends and their support. Thank you everyone for making this weekend even more special and lovely and a wonderfully blessed occasion.
- There are few things cuter than a baby sneeze
- One last thought: there is nothing sweeter than your little baby resting peacefully in your arms. As she dreams, I wonder what beautiful memories of heaven dance through her mind. And then I think how truly blessed am I to hold such a little piece of heaven.

2 comments:

lisset said...

we've been supplementing around here too and while it's physically so easy to give her a bottle, it's been hard battling feelings of not being enough for my little duckling. but i'm glad to hear it has all turned out for you guys- gives me a little hope :)

congrats on the baby blessing!

Beth said...

I totally know how you feel having to give the baby a bottle... it was hard for me too but I must say I now love it. It is definitely convenient. Carla she is absolutely gorgeous! We need to catch up soon -xox-